Want to get connected to other teachers in NebraskaMATH? NebraskaMATH is now taking requests to join our member-only Web site designed to provide opportunities for Nebraska math and science teachers to collaborate in an online, password-protected environment.
Based on the functionality of social networks such as Facebook and LinkedIn, an online community called MemberToMember has allowed us the opportunity to bring you a private, online environment where you can share lessons, assessments, teaching tips and other ideas, free from search engines.
The new Nebraska Math & Science Network will be restricted to Nebraska teachers and others interested in K‑12 math and science education across the state. Once you become a member, you may join other participants in discussion groups, develop a list of online "colleagues," and share lesson plans, documents, images and other electronic media with all members or only your "colleagues."
If you don't want to log in daily, then to see what is happening in a specific area simply sign up for e-mail notification or RSS feeds of your favorite discussions. The site features a search tool that allows you to find discussions and documents containing your keywords.
The Nebraska Math & Science Network is a great place to:
- Start a small group discussion.
- Ask a question related to mathematics or science instruction.
- Share your favorite lesson plan(s).
- Collaborate and gather ideas from other teachers related to a specific topic.
Our Network is capable of having private discussions with content limited to members of a specific group. We wish to thank the Nebraska Algebra Cohort 2 and Primarily Math Cohort 1 Leadership course participants for helping us test the private group discussion sections. Now, we are inviting everyone to begin the process of collaborating and sharing in a statewide group of math and science teachers.
To join the Nebraska Math & Science Network:
- Participants in a NebraskaMATH program such as Math in the Middle, Nebraska Algebra, New Teacher Network, or Primarily Math have been sent previous instructions for using the MemberToMember site. If you need the instructions for the initial login, please e-mail email@example.com and include your name and school affiliation in the e-mail.
- Teachers with a school or ESU e-mail account who have not participated in a NebraskaMATH program should go to www.nebscimathnet.org and follow the link at "Not a Member? Register Now." Within 24 hours, you will receive a verification e-mail. Click on the link to verify your account. You will have access to the site using the same URL.
- Individuals who are involved with K‑12 education and do not have a recognizable school/ESU e-mail account, should include their name, affiliation, contact information and the name and e-mail address of a school official who can verify their involvement in K‑12 education e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Login instructions will be sent via e-mail.
After completing the login process, access the site at www.nebscimathnet.org using your complete e-mail address and password. Suggestions or questions about the site or problems accessing the site should be sent to Jerel Welker, Nebraska Math & Science Network administrator, via e-mail to email@example.com.